News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ADC Stock out of BRX I need (want)  (Read 2511 times)

MikeR

ADC Stock out of BRX I need (want)
« on: March 25, 2021, 12:28:53 PM »
Seems like everything I want is out of stock right now.  :'(
All of the Built-in I/O BRX with source out and analog are out of stock!
I hope it's not a supply issue. thanks to all the options, I did put together a BXME system that works (but that had to be AC power!)

RBPLC

Re: ADC Stock out of BRX I need (want)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 02:23:04 PM »
Most likely a supply issue. Almost all sectors that use IC chips are experiencing availability issues.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 02:36:37 PM »
It's a multitude of issues. We are building product, just struggling to get fully caught up after falling behind. The COVID world continues to be a challenge.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

durallymax

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 01:34:24 PM »
I received a new ship date for a BX-DM1E-36ED23-D of 4-26 (was 3-19 when I ordered). Any input on if that is an optimistic date or a cautious date? Trying to get a feel on true ship date to know if I need to switch things up to stay on schedule.

Thanks!

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 02:22:55 PM »
I received a new ship date for a BX-DM1E-36ED23-D of 4-26 (was 3-19 when I ordered). Any input on if that is an optimistic date or a cautious date? Trying to get a feel on true ship date to know if I need to switch things up to stay on schedule.

Thanks!

According to the last report I got, about half of the backorder was ready to ship (from us to ADC) and boards for the rest were in final assembly. I would say that date is very high confidence.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 05:41:11 PM »
Just got word that a huge pile of product will be leaving for ADC shortly. Haven't seen specifically how that shipment affects the backlog, but it's a very large shipment and contains a significant list of part numbers.

Thank you all for your patience.

durallymax

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 02:08:38 PM »
I recieved it last week. Nice to get some things ahead of schedule!

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2021, 07:44:14 PM »
I had a bad DM1E-M-D and the replacement is saying 5/11
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 11:26:59 PM »
BX-DM1E-M-Ds out for 3-4 weeks & only 19 120V units on the shelf.   I ordered 6 DC & 2 AC.

Component shortages again?
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 11:31:28 PM »
BX-DM1E-M-Ds out for 3-4 weeks & only 19 120V units on the shelf.   I ordered 6 DC & 2 AC.

Component shortages again?

Never stopped. Getting worse actually.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 12:07:23 AM »
Yeah, I've taken to ordering batches just based on estimated business, but even that's not enough.  I keep blowing through them before I get a chance to reorder and then when I do, ADC's out.  Good problem to have, everyone keeps claiming?   ???

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 07:25:41 AM »
Yeah, I've taken to ordering batches just based on estimated business, but even that's not enough.  I keep blowing through them before I get a chance to reorder and then when I do, ADC's out.  Good problem to have, everyone keeps claiming?   ???

We're getting slammed, which makes both manufacturing and procurement harder, which makes stock outs more likely, which causes more slamming. Yeah, good problem... :o