News:

  • September 28, 2026, 10:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kudos for Do-More  (Read 6557 times)

clyleadams

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Kudos for Do-More
« on: September 18, 2020, 06:42:07 PM »
Just upgraded a machine that makes boxes using the DO-more & 36p BRX.  The machine HAD AB PLC5's and a proprietary "Set-up" computer that handled the axis motion.  I replaced four PLC5's and the entire "computer based axis positioning system" with 6 BRX and 5 C-more touchscreens that easily handle the whole thing.... 33 encoder axes and all of the regular I/O functions as well as delivering email production reports and real time production data.  The Peerlink function makes it really easy to implement bi-directional information passing without a bunch of read/write instructions.  Awesome capabilities and super fast processors.  Good Job!

Garyhlucas

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 421
Re: Kudos for Do-More
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 09:30:23 AM »
That is really good to hear and encouraging. I am building the controls for a CNC drilling machine using ?only? 3 BRX 36 I/O PLCs and PeerLink.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Kudos for Do-More
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 10:39:08 AM »
Just upgraded a machine that makes boxes using the DO-more & 36p BRX.  The machine HAD AB PLC5's and a proprietary "Set-up" computer that handled the axis motion.  I replaced four PLC5's and the entire "computer based axis positioning system" with 6 BRX and 5 C-more touchscreens that easily handle the whole thing.... 33 encoder axes and all of the regular I/O functions as well as delivering email production reports and real time production data.  The Peerlink function makes it really easy to implement bi-directional information passing without a bunch of read/write instructions.  Awesome capabilities and super fast processors.  Good Job!

Thank you for the kind words! Sounds like quite a system!
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO