1) I believe I read somewhere that implicit EIP is to be added.
The plan is to add both master and slave to 2.7.
2) I believe I read somewhere that web server functionality is to be added. Would this include ftp?
We are already working on an FTP client instruction. FTP server is being considered as part of the web server. The plan was for web server in 2.7, but I'm not sure we will have time.
3) Is there a plan to incorporate MQTT broker functionality?
No.
4) Is there a plan to incorporate cascade PID functionality?
First request we've heard. Can it be done with the existing instruction and supplemental logic?
5) Has interest been expressed in incorporating ability to interface with any type of digital temperature sensor such as the DS18b20?
No.
6) Is there any interest to release a 3.3 to 5.0 VDC high speed output module?
We've talked about doing a differential line-driver version of the HSIO, but really haven't gotten much interest. I'd say that the existing module could be adapted to a lower threshold voltage, but I'm not sure how that would affect the speed.