News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: H2-EBC100 Failed Firmware Update  (Read 10880 times)

zupfox

H2-EBC100 Failed Firmware Update
« on: July 28, 2015, 10:17:49 AM »
Did I brick it? I was working with some PLCs on my desk, and working on implementing more error codes into our programming. I noticed that the EBC100 I was working with wasn't the latest firmware and have seen that some error codes tend to work better. Anyway, I received an error during the update process in NetEdit3. I wish I would have copied the error message. Either way, now the active light blinks once very fast with a long pause and the error light blinks once, then a short pause, blinks again and then a longer pause. I can no longer see the EBC in net edit. I tried connecting to it serially just to see if that would work... nope. Any suggestions?

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: H2-EBC100 Failed Firmware Update
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 10:42:01 AM »
If it is still blinking, it is not bricked. It's possible that the IP config is now angry and will make it difficult to connect with modern Windows OSes. If you have access to a Win/XP machine, you can try to connect via IPX. Barring that, we have a utility that should be of use...but I am away on vacation, somebody at Host will need to help.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

MikeS

• Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »
if you have installed NetEdit v3.13, we placed a new tool in the \HAPTools folder called IPConfig101.Exe. this utility allows you to use a TCP/IP directled broadcast to give the EBC100 an IP address by entering the MAC address of the ebc100 ... dont have to use IPX that way!
Good design costs a lot. Bad design costs even more.

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 11:11:32 AM »
if you have installed NetEdit v3.13, we placed a new tool in the \HAPTools folder called IPConfig101.Exe. this utility allows you to use a TCP/IP directled broadcast to give the EBC100 an IP address by entering the MAC address of the ebc100 ... dont have to use IPX that way!

We are including as of 3.13? Awesome. I don't think I have ever actually installed a distribution...
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

zupfox

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 11:15:14 AM »
So, how do I obtain a copy of NetEdit 3.13? I only see 3.12 in the downloads section?
I had read about that in another thread and was looking forward to that addition!

MikeS

• Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 11:18:28 AM »
v3.13 is the one posted on our web ... maybe your web browser cache needs a flush ? Chrome has a real affinity for it's cached data ...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:24:45 AM by MikeS »
Good design costs a lot. Bad design costs even more.

zupfox

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 11:35:15 AM »
I think you may be correct on the Chrome issue. I downloaded it and got 3.13. It worked like a charm! Thanks for the added feature and the great help!

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »
Yesterday, I was unable to detect a Do-More under NetEdit (either IPX or TCP/IP from an XP machine), so I just swapped out the PLC and didn't have time to look into it farther.  After reading this thread today, I tried IPConfig and it worked like a champ.  Thanks!   :)
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 02:38:42 PM »
Yesterday, I was unable to detect a Do-More under NetEdit (either IPX or TCP/IP from an XP machine), so I just swapped out the PLC and didn't have time to look into it farther.  After reading this thread today, I tried IPConfig and it worked like a champ.  Thanks!   :)

Do-more doesn't support IPX, otherwise the XP thing would have worked. You can also reset the IP config of Do-more with special DIP switch setting and a magic handshake.