News:

• October 16, 2021, 07:01:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EBC - Show Base Contents Empty  (Read 3351 times)

sgsims

EBC - Show Base Contents Empty
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »
Had a little issue with a TH1-EBC100 the other day I would like to understand.

Lost all of the I/O attached to one of the TH1-EBC100s.  Checked "Show Base Contents" and the screen was empty.  Cycled power and all that stuff with no success.  Turned power off and removed all three I/O modules then plugged the last one in,  turned on power and checked "Show Base Contents".  I could see that I/O module.  Then added each of the two remaining modules one by one repeating the same steps above.  Walla everything showed up just find and everyone started playing nice again.

Could it have been as simple as a loose connection between the I/O Modules and the EBC?  Or was something else at play I should be aware of?

The first module attached to the EBC was an Input module,  then two output modules moving Left to Right.

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: EBC - Show Base Contents Empty
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »
When you "lost all of the I/O attached" was the T1H-EBC100 happy? Or unhappy (error lights)? If it was happy, then a bad connection in the base modules may have caused it to power up not seeing ANY I/O at all and it was ignorantly happy about that. If it was unhappy, then on power up it saw the modules, logged them in, and then at some point they logged out. This would've caused the T1H-EBC100 to be unhappy (error light).

As far as your logging them back in procedure... I don't have any idea what was really going on there. Very odd.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.

sgsims

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 12:11:43 PM »
After losing the I/O the etc was happy...after power cycle the etc was happy.  Etc was always happy.  One more piece of info.  I was told that for a few hours before losing all the I/O permanently the I/O was intermittently being lost and found.  No power cycling.

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 04:17:37 PM »
Hmmm... well, sounds like electrical noise (power supply), radiated noise (noisy systems nearby), or possibly some Terminator I/O bases that are faulty (intermittent).
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.