News:

• February 01, 2023, 11:53:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NetEdit3 Compatibility with Windows XP 64-Bit  (Read 4373 times)

AndyTBWR

NetEdit3 Compatibility with Windows XP 64-Bit
« on: June 14, 2011, 09:54:07 AM »
Hopefully this will be helpful for someone else:

NetEdit3 doesn't seem to be compatible with Windows XP Pro 64-Bit.  Every time I ran the program and selected the [IPX] or [TCP/IP] buttons, the program would crash.  I have other programming software that doesn't work on XPx64, so I have to run these programs in a Virtual Machine running Windows XP Pro 32-bit.  I installed NetEdit3 on the 32-bit Virtual Machine and it worked properly.

Chalk another one up to the joys of having a 64-bit computer!

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: NetEdit3 Compatibility with Windows XP 64-Bit
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:36:09 AM »
AndyTBWR, the only things, up to this point we knew about NetEdit with WinXP 64-bit are as follows. We did not have a WinXP 64-bit PC for testing:
  • The IPX/SPX protocol is not available.
  • We did not test NetEdit officially on this OS, but we thought it probably would work.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: NetEdit3 Compatibility with Windows XP 64-Bit
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »
No IPX? May just be a protocol error or exception getting thrown. Should be pretty simple to fix. I would think that if the protocol were left as IP, it shouldn't be crashing. Maybe I haven't seen it because I never change from IP...
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO