News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:48:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is there a way I can PING a site to keep status of a Connection  (Read 2517 times)

caseygj

Summary: 
I would like to be able to Ping a remote site from within my code and indicate results.

Overview / Detail:
2 sites, each outfited with a DLO6 with ECOM 100.  Networked to a local touch screen, sites tied together vai a radio link with a managed midspan repeater/radio pair.   

I would like to be able to ping the midspan radios and use the results to indicate their status on the system screen.  The first method that comes to mind would be to ping the midspan radios.  However I am not aware of any high level functions or low level code that allows me to perform and ICMP PING and return the results.   Am I missing something here or can anyone point me in the right direction for an alternative method that I am not seeing.

I have end to end status by looking at PLC poling status of the remote PLC but I am wanting to monitor the results of the midspan site.

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: Is there a way I can PING a site to keep status of a Connection
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »
The ECOM100 cannot ping, although there is talk of adding this feature to later versions.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.