News:

• August 08, 2022, 08:46:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Copy and Paste from DataView  (Read 81 times)

Bolt

Copy and Paste from DataView
« on: August 01, 2022, 11:07:07 AM »
Could we please get a simpler Copy/Paste functionality in the Data View?  Currently I have to right click the Element's Satus Column, click Copy Status to Edit, acknowledge the popup (on which I can't even read all the text) that typically pops up all the way across my other monitor, then go to the Element's Edits column, double click the cell to select all text, right click the contents, and click Copy.  When dealing with long strings, typically add in some scrolling around in the Data View to get back and forth between the large cells, and repeat as needed.  More or less reverse the process to write a value to the Element from the clipboard.  Especially when debugging JSON strings, API's, etc, it is quite inconvenient to go through all the clicking motions when it could be quite doable all from the keyboard.

It would be so much easier if I could just hit Ctrl C from the Element's status column, do whatever I need to do with it, come back, Ctrl V in the Edits column, Shift+F9, and be done with it.

Also, it would be nice if the Ctrl (Shift) Left/Right arrow functionality worked in the Edits column.  Ever tried to remove or change an email address from a string with multiple addresses, it usually requires copying to edit, expanding the Data View, expanding the columns, manually selecting the desired address, and deleting or replacing it.  Instead, if I could use Ctrl arrows to navigate through the text, it would be so much simpler.

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?