News:

• June 30, 2022, 11:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unable to connect using Net Edit 3  (Read 108 times)

Jeremys_21

Unable to connect using Net Edit 3
« on: April 22, 2022, 09:32:10 AM »
Hello, I am using Direct Soft for the first time trying to help commission new PLCs for a customer.  When I try to connect using Net Edit 3 it never sees anything to connect to.  I have tried setting the switch to the TERM setting with no success. Is there something simple I might be missing ot make this work?  My colleague connected with his laptop doing exactly what I've done. The only difference as far as we can tell is that my laptop doesn't have an RJ45 port so I have to use an ethernet extension connector (shown as item #3 here.... https://psref.lenovo.com/product/thinkpad/thinkpad_t14s_gen_2_intel?tab=spec ). Any suggestions?

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: Unable to connect using Net Edit 3
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 07:58:55 AM »
From NetEdit3 try Network --> Adapter --> [pick a different one]. Or make sure your Windows Firewall is OFF, or you configure an exception for NetEdit3. Or if you know your ECIM100's IP address, you can try Network --> connect to Single Device. Or you can disable all other NICs on your PC.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.