News:

• February 05, 2023, 08:03:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Availability  (Read 524 times)

etElMadr

Availability
« on: March 21, 2022, 02:08:35 PM »
I'm sure y'all are doing you're best and I know its not something you have a lot of control over, but wondering if you can give us some update as to availability of products. I've had a SerIO module on back order since December, and was just looking at AD for several other modules most of which are also on back-order. Are you hearing anything out of your suppliers about the situation improving anytime soon?

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Availability
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 02:17:29 PM »
I'm sure y'all are doing you're best and I know its not something you have a lot of control over, but wondering if you can give us some update as to availability of products. I've had a SerIO module on back order since December, and was just looking at AD for several other modules most of which are also on back-order. Are you hearing anything out of your suppliers about the situation improving anytime soon?

Intel FPGAs are the biggest problem. We were able to purchase a large quantity of FPGAs suitable for the PLC and redesigned to use them (they are too big for modules). We are shipping decent quantities of PLCs, but the backlog is large, so we're eating that elephant. Some of the module FPGAs are coming in occasionally at 1/10 of what we ordered.

We are doing a very minor redesign of the SERIO and a few analog modules to take multiple parts, as available. This should help some, depending on what we get. It is a very hard environment, but we are trying our best to get things built.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Mike@Forshock

Re: Availability
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 06:18:43 PM »

Intel FPGAs are the biggest problem. We were able to purchase a large quantity of FPGAs suitable for the PLC and redesigned to use them (they are too big for modules). We are shipping decent quantities of PLCs, but the backlog is large, so we're eating that elephant. Some of the module FPGAs are coming in occasionally at 1/10 of what we ordered.

We are doing a very minor redesign of the SERIO and a few analog modules to take multiple parts, as available. This should help some, depending on what we get. It is a very hard environment, but we are trying our best to get things built.

Thanks for the honest answer, it is effecting everyone.  Would love me some DM1E-10ER3-D  :'(