News:

• March 29, 2024, 12:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't connect to the simulator.  (Read 830 times)

amos

Can't connect to the simulator.
« on: August 04, 2021, 12:11:00 AM »

What could be wrong that I can't connect to the simulator with domore designer? I have this problem at the at the shop. At home with my laptop it works just fine. But at the shop I keep getting a timeout error. I can ping the IP address on the link Ok. Also tried disabling the firewall still doesn't work. I really not sure what's happening. Does anybody else have an issue similar?
  amos

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
Re: Can't connect to the simulator.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 08:51:04 AM »
Try running the simulator first, THEN connecting to it.  Some PCs timeout cuz Windows/AntiVirus takes a while loading it for the first time, so the Link's timeouts are a little too "fast".

In the LaunchPad, the Application's pane 2nd entry should be the Do-more Simulator.  Run it, then connect to it.

BTW, the MySim comm link IP address should be 127.0.0.1, which is "local host", i.e. the PC itself.

amos

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 09:18:20 PM »
Thankyoou for the reply.No it still doesn't work. I also increased the timeout to 2000ms no difference.

amos

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 09:38:03 PM »
Update. I deleted domore designer 2.8 and all the previus versions now it seems to be working. Also had to increase the comm timout.

mirca

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 09:06:43 AM »
When you work with a dedicated team from a custom software development company https://mlsdev.com you get a lot of flexibility. This means that you can hire the best and the brightest of developers in the company without any limitation. You can be sure that you will have a great team that will work with you to make your website stand out from the rest of the competition. In addition, you can choose to hire the services of a virtualisation company that will help your company streamline its server infrastructure. This will give you an easy and convenient way of managing the day to day operations of your website.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 06:55:26 AM by mirca »

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 09:24:38 AM »
Thanks for helping with this solution.
What issue(s) were you having and what worked for you?