News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:12:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BRX Battery Covers  (Read 1241 times)

durallymax

BRX Battery Covers
« on: June 03, 2021, 03:47:14 PM »
The BRX PLCs I've recieved recently have broken battery covers. Not sure if it's shipped loose or breaks out during shipping but it's always loose in the box with a broken tab.

ADC Support says the covers aren't available and suggests RMA the entire PLC, however due to backorder I declined that offer and the solution for now was a piece of tape over it and a note on that order in ADCs system for any warranty issues later on.

Is this a widespread issue or are my FedEx guys just going Ace Ventura on ADC packages that contain a BRX?

Any way to get some extra battery covers without an RMA for the entire unit?

Thanks

Mike Nash

Re: BRX Battery Covers
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 05:07:26 PM »
You're not alone. The last 36 point BX we got was the same. All the pieces (cover and broken tab piece) were still in the undamaged box too.

We had to ship without the cover.

Supposedly there is a replacement cover kit that includes the battery cover - BX-ACC-1 $7.25, in stock.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 05:45:17 PM »
Odd..Didn't know there was an issue. I'll look into it.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Bolt

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 08:27:01 AM »
I received a BRX (18pt) last month as well that had the batter cover loose, in the box, with a (slightly) broken tab.  Mine will still weakly clip into the cover slot.

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 09:33:01 AM »
I received a BRX (18pt) last month as well that had the batter cover loose, in the box, with a (slightly) broken tab.  Mine will still weakly clip into the cover slot.

We need to do better. There is an injection gate at the bottom of the clip latch. I bet that gate is pushing in too far and limiting the amount of plastic at the critical point.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

stoic-one

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 02:13:46 PM »
Had one fall apart in my hand on a BX-DM1E-M

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 02:29:37 PM »
Got my engineer on it now, but as I understand it, there were a rash of bad parts in a recent run. We're engaging the plastic vendor to figure out what happened and our assembly team to be on the lookout for bad parts.

Anyone that needs one, DM me the details, I'll have them sent out.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 03:14:21 PM »
I had the mode switch handle fall off on first operation (only one so far).  No problems with battery doors so far.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 10:29:27 AM »
I had the mode switch handle fall off on first operation (only one so far).  No problems with battery doors so far.

So the bat itself came off? The only time I've seen that is mechanical stress.

The battery door issue is poor molding on behalf of our plastic shop. We are on it.

We had issues with board assembly years ago, so we started our own CM. They keep this up, and I might get into injection molding.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 10:47:48 AM »
Yup!   One finger, normal force. 
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

RBPLC

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2021, 09:01:46 PM »
I've seen the barely latching battery covers as well.