News:

  • October 02, 2026, 04:43:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New BRX takes forever to come out of Run mode  (Read 9795 times)

Andrew S

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 144
New BRX takes forever to come out of Run mode
« on: August 31, 2019, 03:14:07 PM »
I have a project that I'm developing. There's some kind of network issue with it (resolution of which isn't relevant here). What I find is that after a while if I move the mode switch from the RUN or PGM position to STOP, the program appears to stop (outputs turn off) but according to the mode LEDs on the PLC and the status in DMD the unit is still in RUN mode. Eventually it does drop out to STOP mode. This feels like some kind of timeout issue.

FYI I'm using an ethernet POM. The PLC is attempting to send logging messages (which aren't received by the logger) and is also attempting to send MQTT PUBLISH and SUBSCRIBE messages.

ADC Product Engineer

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 270
Re: New BRX takes forever to come out of Run mode
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 08:37:39 AM »
When you say "move the mode switch"; are you talking about the physical switch on the PLC unit or the virtual switch on the programming software?

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: New BRX takes forever to come out of Run mode
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 09:19:25 AM »
It?s trying to terminate cleanly by letting devices finish their outstanding work. It?s most likely the MQTT. Guess we?re gonna have to ditch that and just kill it immediately.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Andrew S

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 144
Re: New BRX takes forever to come out of Run mode
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 12:33:11 PM »
When you say "move the mode switch"; are you talking about the physical switch on the PLC unit or the virtual switch on the programming software?
'm talking about the physical switch.


I
It?s trying to terminate cleanly by letting devices finish their outstanding work. It?s most likely the MQTT. Guess we?re gonna have to ditch that and just kill it immediately.
I do very much like the clean shutdown that happens when the connection is working properly. I'd hate to see that go away. Perhaps you could set a small timeout that is typically long enough to let the clean shutdown work, and then do the kill after that?