News:

  • October 02, 2026, 07:25:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Restore C-More Memory locations  (Read 7331 times)

PLCwannabe

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 208
Restore C-More Memory locations
« on: August 02, 2019, 10:38:08 AM »
   Is there some way to restore cmore touch panel memory locations that are retentive after sending a project with minor changes? Every time I make a change to C-more project, I lose all the settings and names in the memory even if they have already been sent to PLC.

Controls Guy

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3626
  • Darth Ladder
Re: Restore C-More Memory locations
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 11:33:57 AM »
I always keep all that stuff in the PLC.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

PLCwannabe

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 208
Re: Restore C-More Memory locations
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 02:21:51 PM »
What is the best way to store names and setpoints in the PLC? Do i write to one PLC location with HMI, and then move to another PLC location with a save button? Or is there an easier way to do this?

Controls Guy

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3626
  • Darth Ladder
Re: Restore C-More Memory locations
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 03:05:18 PM »
Well, if the name is only of interest to the HMI, it's easy.  ASCII characters are each represented by an 8-digit integer, so two characters will fit in a 16-bit PLC register.  Every HMI that I know of will write strings to a range of registers.   If you have a text input or display on the screen that says "MyRecipe" or whatever, the HMI will allow you to specify a starting register and range size (remember two characters per register).

So what I do with recipes (especially in a table-based as opposed to tag-based controller) is this - All recipe settings, numeric, bit, and string, are stored in a contiguous block of memory, say 40 registers or whatever you need.  Then there is recipe storage in the PLC with "n" consecutive 40-register blocks to store "n" recipes.  If you want to save the current setup as a recipe, you just do a block copy using pointers to the desired recipe slot.  To load a saved recipe, just do the reverse.    I usually don't bother creating UI to edit recipes in the storage slots, you can only make changes to the current setup, then save that to recipe storage or recall from storage to the current setup.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.