News:

  • October 02, 2026, 05:01:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?  (Read 9946 times)

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
« on: July 29, 2019, 02:56:56 PM »
When I do a Replace, is there a way to see how many times the replace happened? If not I would at least like to see how many times and in which modules the replace happened. It would be nice to have a full report on which rung but just knowing how many times would be ok.

Bolt

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 598
Re: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 06:33:19 PM »
I would also like this.  Sometimes a do a replace and later find an unintended consequence of it, or a place I didn't realize it was being used.

How about a feature that when you do a replace/swap, it also replace/swaps the values of the registers in the PLC?  But, that could get complicated/dangerous real fast....

davidbgtx

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 215
  • Host be the Most
Re: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 08:10:59 AM »
I vote for this too, good idea ATU

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 08:25:09 AM »
Franj will have a better opinion, but I would think it would be pretty easy to dump a list of every instance into the output window. 
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 10:23:59 AM »
The output window would be fine. I was doing a replace and what I thought would happen didn't happen. What went through my mind was, where did I make a mistake and where did it do it?  If I had a list, then I would know if anything was replaced and where.

franji1

  • Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3847
    • Host Engineering
Re: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 12:02:38 PM »
Franj will have a better opinion, but I would think it would be pretty easy to dump a list of every instance into the output window.

Agreed!