News:

  • October 02, 2026, 03:59:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SD Card Formating  (Read 9736 times)

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
SD Card Formating
« on: July 08, 2019, 02:46:37 PM »
I purchased a microSd card from AD, but it unfortunately it was formatted in another device and I am trying to get it back to the original format. I tried to format it in Windows10, but it keeps failing.  I tried to format it in DMD, but I read that it is not supported. Is there something special you have to do to format them for use in the BRX?

franji1

  • Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3847
    • Host Engineering
Re: SD Card Formating
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 03:00:42 PM »
Right click on the media/drive in Windows 10 Explorer.

Do NOT do a Quick Format.  Format in FAT32 format.

Remember to Right Click on the media/drive and EJECT from Windows Explorer before removing the media from your PC.

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: SD Card Formating
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 04:19:43 PM »
It fails the Windows format right at the end. Yes, the Lock is off. What is the Allocation Unit Size?  I set it for default.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: SD Card Formating
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 04:24:11 PM »
I had some cases where Windows format failed. I used a third party app made by one of the SDCard manufacturers. Sorry, I don't recall which it was.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Andrew S

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 144
Re: SD Card Formating
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »
I've used the tool from the SD Association.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: SD Card Formating
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 04:46:10 PM »
I've used the tool from the SD Association.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

I believe this is the one I used also.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO