News:

  • October 02, 2026, 01:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BRX to C-more clock  (Read 24199 times)

EDurako

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 52
BRX to C-more clock
« on: May 13, 2019, 11:44:23 AM »
Hello,

I have exported my documentation (pictured below) and imported it into my C-More. I can't seem to find the clock bits in the C-more to sync my touch panel clock with the PLC.

I am using the serial POM and AutomationDirect Do-more Serial Symbolic Addressing (Full Memory) PLC protocol on my C-more.

What should I put into the fields to get my C-More to see the PLC time for syncing? I haven't had any problems with this before, although it was with the non-symbolic addressing PLC protocol.

I'm also curious what the difference is between the protocols?

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 12:52:22 PM »
I don't know much about C-more, others may be able to answer that.

The symbolic protocol was just an extension to Do-more comms that allows clients to pass element names instead of requiring access to the PLC's memory configuration. Everything is available by both protocols, but the C-more team chose to only support the built-in types initially. The symbolic interface makes it easier to access everything else.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

ADC Product Engineer

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 270
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 12:13:58 PM »
Right now you have to use the memory locations somewhere in your PLC code.  I have initiated a request to have the $Now and a few other system structures exported automatically regardless of whether they are used or not.  I would suspect this change would be in the next version of software if HOST gets time to add it.

EDurako

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 52
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »
Thank you. Is there a correct way to add them manually in the C-more? I added them to my logic and they still didn?t export. Is that what you would expect to have happened?

franji1

  • Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3847
    • Host Engineering
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 01:52:10 PM »
Thank you. Is there a correct way to add them manually in the C-more? I added them to my logic and they still didn?t export. Is that what you would expect to have happened?

That should have worked.  Maybe you are not importing on the Symbolic driver?  There are 2 C-more drivers.  Make sure you are importing in C-more using the Do-more Symbolic driver.

EDurako

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 52
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 02:00:41 PM »
This is how I have tried it several time, no luck. I think I have it setup the way you said to.

EDurako

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 52
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 02:03:36 PM »
here is what I pick in Do-More

franji1

  • Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3847
    • Host Engineering
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »
This is how I have tried it several time, no luck. I think I have it setup the way you said to.

I am not a C-more guy, so if somebody out there knows if this is how the Symbolic Driver import works, that would help.

franji1

  • Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3847
    • Host Engineering
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 09:17:19 AM »
I was able to duplicate the issue.  Should be easy to fix.

EDurako

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 52
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 10:06:59 AM »
Ok, thank you!

franji1

  • Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3847
    • Host Engineering
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 10:22:14 AM »
As a work-around, paste these lines inside the #BEGIN DM_NICKNAMES section near the bottom of the export file, then import into C-more

$Now.Year,UNSIGNED_INT_16,SDT0.Year,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.Month,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.Month,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.Day,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.Day,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.DayOfWeek,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.DayOfWeek,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.Hour,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.Hour,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.Minute,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.Minute,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.Second,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.Second,BBLOCK,SDT

EDurako

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 52
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 10:59:30 AM »
I could not get this work around to import into the C-more. I get a funny error

EDurako

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 52
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 11:02:03 AM »
I could not get this work around to import into the C-more. I get a funny error

I uploaded the wrong screen shot to my previous post

franji1

  • Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3847
    • Host Engineering
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 11:04:01 AM »
Yeah, you edited it in Excel at some point, so it added a bunch of commas.  The default file type is .CSV (the first radio button), but the C-more exports are TXT files (with some comma separated lines, but it's actually TXT, not CSV).

You will need to export it again, and change the file type to .TXT in the Save dialog in Designer.  Then edit the text file in your favorite text editor.

EDurako

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 52
Re: BRX to C-more clock
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 11:08:52 AM »
I changed it to .txt then back to .csv and I now have the added tags!!!

Thank you so much for the help!