News:

  • October 01, 2026, 06:29:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gaps in DMLogger Output  (Read 6257 times)

Jim77

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Gaps in DMLogger Output
« on: February 04, 2019, 12:56:30 PM »
I am trying to debug a problem in my deployed system. I currently have a Do-More H2 reading and interpreting a couple of sensors as fast a possible and kicking out results to a PC via DMLogger and TCP/IP to a log file. I run DMLogger as a service in Windows so it is always in the background ready to log.

Typically I get an entry in the file every couple ms, but on rare occasions (about once an hour during operation), I get a whole 10 second gap between data points. It appears that the computer is maintaining other data logs (not generated through DMLogger) during this 10s window, so the PC isn't completely frozen. Additionally, I know the PLC is continuing to scan because the counters continue to increment properly and the log picks back up at the current location, not the next missing data point.

Is there a 10s timeout built into DMLogger somewhere that I am hitting or is there something else going on in my PC that is freezing the DMLogger process causing me to miss messages for exactly 10s?

Thanks.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Gaps in DMLogger Output
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 05:02:06 PM »
There are no limits in DMLogger that I'm aware of. Windows is a magical place though were lots of nifty things happen.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: Gaps in DMLogger Output
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 05:18:22 PM »
If you are connected to a company network,might want to check with the IT lords.