News:

  • October 01, 2026, 07:23:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: losing @RamFS file  (Read 7550 times)

koit_n

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
losing @RamFS file
« on: January 07, 2019, 01:03:17 PM »
Hi,
I am utilizing an H2-DM1E to control a production tester.  I log data from each test to @RamFS with a FILELOG instruction, creating a .csv file.  I then Browse the PLC File System to access the log file I am creating.
The problem I am having is that when I power down the PLC, it seems to erase the .csv file in memory.
Does anyone know how to prevent this?
Thanks!

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: losing @RamFS file
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 02:28:12 PM »
The ram file system isn't retentive. It's just there as a work space to build temporary files, like logs before emailing. The SDCard is for retentive files.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

koit_n

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: losing @RamFS file
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 04:05:46 PM »
OK - thanks.  I guess it is unfortunate that I picked a series that doesn't have an SD card.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: losing @RamFS file
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 04:38:15 PM »
OK - thanks.  I guess it is unfortunate that I picked a series that doesn't have an SD card.

Ah...sorry. The file systems were developed for BRX. We added the ram FS to the other platforms knowing it was limited, but still helpful for stuff like emailing logs.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO