News:

  • October 01, 2026, 01:53:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BX-08THM Module Scaling  (Read 37905 times)

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 04:45:57 PM »
That button has nothing to do with configuring anything. It is is just there to allow you to specify the module units in counts or V/ma/temp units.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 12:02:28 PM »
Found it, extension wires reversed.

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: BX-08THM Module
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2018, 05:07:08 PM »
For my application, normal operation will be not having some or all  thermocouples attached.  It will be part of my machine configuration, not the module setup and I will check for what is connected in my program.   I am getting IO error ST152 all the time when there are TCs missing. Is there anyway to suppress that or configure programmatically which channels are active?

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: BX-08THM Module
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2018, 05:15:40 PM »
For my application, normal operation will be not having some or all  thermocouples attached.  It will be part of my machine configuration, not the module setup and I will check for what is connected in my program.   I am getting IO error ST152 all the time when there are TCs missing. Is there anyway to suppress that or configure programmatically which channels are active?

ST152 is read/write. You should be able to clear it in code.

Barring that, short the unused channels.

"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 05:22:42 PM »
I tried that, but the fault came back. I guess I'll have to make up a shorting plugs for unused channels.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 05:40:30 PM »
I tried that, but the fault came back. I guess I'll have to make up a shorting plugs for unused channels.

Add a rung to keep it off.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 06:32:06 PM »
But what happens if I have a real I/O problem, then I won't know. Planning on using jumpers.  That works.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 07:40:01 PM »
But what happens if I have a real I/O problem, then I won't know. Planning on using jumpers.  That works.

Well...yeah...If you care.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »
When I add a jumper for the unused channels using standard wire, I get 292 in the WX regisiter for all shorted channels, which is 29.2 degC. I would have thought that I would be reading a really high  number, but its 292 on type "T".  None of the status bits come on.  How can I detect that?

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2018, 06:09:25 PM »
When I add a jumper for the unused channels using standard wire, I get 292 in the WX regisiter for all shorted channels, which is 29.2 degC. I would have thought that I would be reading a really high  number, but its 292 on type "T".  None of the status bits come on.  How can I detect that?

I honestly don't know. That's a question for ADC or FACTS.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

mhw

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 250
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 06:26:57 PM »
Quote
When I add a jumper for the unused channels using standard wire, I get 292 in the WX regisiter for all shorted channels, which is 29.2 degC. I would have thought that I would be reading a really high  number, but its 292 on type "T".  None of the status bits come on.  How can I detect that?
The shorted inputs should show the temperature at that connection.

Controls Guy

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3626
  • Darth Ladder
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2018, 06:40:51 PM »
When I add a jumper for the unused channels using standard wire, I get 292 in the WX regisiter for all shorted channels, which is 29.2 degC. I would have thought that I would be reading a really high  number, but its 292 on type "T".  None of the status bits come on.  How can I detect that?

How can you detect what?  Doesn't the app know which channels are shorted?  Reading the local temp is normal for shorted T/C channels.  If it's a field-configurable OTS app and the app needs to know how many channels are in use I think you're going to have to have the user enter which channels he's using.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: BX-08THM Module Scaling
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 07:38:19 PM »
Reading the local temp is normal for shorted T/C channels. 
[/quote

I didn't know that. Makes sense. First time using a thermocouple  module. Thanks.