News:
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
October 03, 2026, 12:59:31 AM
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Host Engineering Forum
»
General Category
»
Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software
»
Do-More and ProtosX
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Do-More and ProtosX (Read 12658 times)
deep6ixed
Hero Member
Posts: 105
Do-More and ProtosX
«
on:
November 15, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »
Was wondering if anyone here was had any experience with Do-More and the ProtosX. Currently in the early design phases of some of our older equipment upgrades. I'm planning on upgrading to either The D205 do more with our existing hardware in main panel or a BRX. All the operators station are a distance away and I'm thinking of just using protosX to handle all the push buttons and lights and simplifying our setup.
Any users or advice? My focus is simplicity and safety. I'm going to order a protoss coupler and use it with the simulator for bench testing.
My thought is for the plc to poll each station every .5 sec and then update the logic. But I'm new to to this, and I'd live to have some of the more experienced guys give me pointers.
Tom
Logged
Controls Guy
Internal Dev
Hero Member
Posts: 3626
Darth Ladder
Re: Do-More and ProtosX
«
Reply #1 on:
November 15, 2018, 06:43:31 PM »
I think 500ms is a little slow for pb's. I think I'd do 100 or 250ms. Wonder if PX has latching.
Logged
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks. Half of all politicians are NOT crooks. There.
ATU
Internal Dev
Hero Member
Posts: 2126
YKPAIHA
Re: Do-More and ProtosX
«
Reply #2 on:
November 15, 2018, 08:54:46 PM »
Quote from: deep6ixed on November 15, 2018, 01:29:39 PM
My focus is simplicity and safety.
Tom
Safety? What kind of safety?
Logged
deep6ixed
Hero Member
Posts: 105
Re: Do-More and ProtosX
«
Reply #3 on:
November 15, 2018, 10:58:23 PM »
I want fail safe design, on loss of comms, the system shuts down. All actual safety circuits will be dual redundant hard wired.
Logged
ATU
Internal Dev
Hero Member
Posts: 2126
YKPAIHA
Re: Do-More and ProtosX
«
Reply #4 on:
November 15, 2018, 11:26:27 PM »
I havn't used the ProtosX system, but have used a very similar WAGO system with a Modbus Fieldbus coupler. It was pretty swift with updates around 10ms.
Logged
jwbaker3
Hero Member
Posts: 144
Re: Do-More and ProtosX
«
Reply #5 on:
November 16, 2018, 12:36:15 PM »
If we used a 205 with a H2 DM1E processor, we would use a remote 205 base with a EBC100, same spares, maps to the CPU as local I/O and you can have 300 feet between nodes. If we used the BRX we would use a BRX-DMIO for the remote I/O.
JW
«
Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 12:40:30 PM by jwbaker3
»
Logged
PLCGuy
Internal Dev
Hero Member
Posts: 677
Re: Do-More and ProtosX
«
Reply #6 on:
November 19, 2018, 12:00:52 PM »
ATU, I used the wago 8 point with Protos and visa versa, but the analog cards do not seem to work on the Wago system.
Logged
ATU
Internal Dev
Hero Member
Posts: 2126
YKPAIHA
Re: Do-More and ProtosX
«
Reply #7 on:
November 19, 2018, 12:53:21 PM »
I used all Wago for remote IO and the BRX PLC. I didn't use the ProtosX, but I was commenting that they look similar.
Logged
PLCGuy
Internal Dev
Hero Member
Posts: 677
Re: Do-More and ProtosX
«
Reply #8 on:
November 20, 2018, 08:51:59 AM »
I was just really surprised the modules for in/out worked. For reasons the analog cards are not interchangeable.
Logged
ATU
Internal Dev
Hero Member
Posts: 2126
YKPAIHA
Re: Do-More and ProtosX
«
Reply #9 on:
November 20, 2018, 11:31:12 AM »
I was considering the Protos, but the Analog card did not provide the 0-20ma option I needed. Certainly would have been less expensive. The conversion time would have been faster too.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
Host Engineering Forum
»
General Category
»
Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software
»
Do-More and ProtosX