News:

• April 18, 2024, 03:03:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Static Netedit IP address  (Read 22092 times)

Henryp

Static Netedit IP address
« on: July 31, 2018, 06:50:00 PM »
So netedit can not auto discover C-More panels and I get it, Host doesn't make them. However could future versions of Netedit be modified so I can enter a static address for my C-More panels or any other device on the PLC network that doesn't have a discovery tool?

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Static Netedit IP address
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 12:55:00 AM »
NetEdit can't configure any other device. It only speaks Host's protocol.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Henryp

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 10:55:12 AM »
I'm thinking something like a host.txt file in windows. So that when I run netedit it will discover my PLCs but also show manually entered points which will help me avoid IP conflicts.

Henryp

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 12:57:58 PM »
Is it possible to modify Netedit so that it will read a text file that holds non Host product's IP addresses and then display the IP address as being used. It is very easy to create an IP conflict. This would be very helpful to the end users with larger networks.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 01:55:27 PM »
I'm certain we could, it's just a matter of development priorities and limited resources.

I would personally use a spreadsheet.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

ADC Product Engineer

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 08:16:38 AM »
You could always use something like Advanced IP scanner which is actually built for that dort of task.