News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:18:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CTRIO designations  (Read 2718 times)

davidbgtx

• Host be the Most
CTRIO designations
« on: July 10, 2018, 10:51:32 AM »
With D0-More CTRIO what does ***.iReg1, ***.fReg1, ****.iReg2, xxx.fReg2 mean? I assume the i and f are for integer and float, but what is Reg1 and Reg2. Iam programming this unit offline and can't just "look" at the values to figure it out.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: CTRIO designations
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 11:07:21 AM »
The CTRIO is legacy from the typeless DL world. Each counter/timer function returned different values based on configuration, and those values are are returned in generic Reg1 and Reg2. Since the values could be integer or float we created a union so you could view as either.

You'll need to look at the documentation to determine what register stuff is coming back in, but generally, Reg1 is the one you will care about.

BRX makes all of this pain go away.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:44:51 AM »
@davidbgtx, if you go to Do-more Designer's Help File and pull up DMD0550 Help Topic (go to Search tab and type that in), then you can see what each of those designations mean for each configuration.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.

davidbgtx

• Host be the Most
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:53:39 AM »
@davidbgtx, if you go to Do-more Designer's Help File and pull up DMD0550 Help Topic (go to Search tab and type that in), then you can see what each of those designations mean for each configuration.

I searched help but missed that somehow, DMD has very good help files, I just don't search hard enough, or am not explicit enough in my searches I guess.
Thank you