News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: H0 ECOM100 Bootloader update failure - have I bricked it?  (Read 3783 times)

JMB

H0 ECOM100 Bootloader update failure - have I bricked it?
« on: June 01, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
Hi,

I was updating an H0-ECOM100's bootloader and I fear I may have bricked it. Netedit gave me a 216 error (probably due to the XP instance I was using's firewall having decided to turn itself back on) and the device was flashing its error light (steady fast flashing I think). While I was researching what that error meant, a power bump caused the device to power cycle. The error light has stopped and the 100 / link lights are on solid and the activity light is flashing. But when I look at the PLC via serial, the card identifies itself as a D0-05AA:AC 8in/AC 6out not an ECOM. Is there any hope or is it gone?

Thanks,
Jacob
Jacob Berghofer
Robotics and Automation Engineering Technologist
E-One Moli Energy (Canada) Ltd, Maple Ridge, B.C.

JMB

Re: H0 ECOM100 Bootloader update failure - have I bricked it?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 07:53:37 PM »
Further to this, that I/O I mentioned above is the native I/O of the DL-05 I'm using for testing. I installed a different ECOM and it shows up in slot 1. This means the problem unit isn't showing up at all.

Thanks,
Jacob
Jacob Berghofer

ADC Product Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 08:41:12 AM »
What version of NetEdit3 are you using?   Go to Help-> About to find the version.

JMB

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 03:41:38 PM »
Currently using 3.16 on Windows XP.

I've also used it on Windows 7 but it seems less reliable and lacks the IPX by default.
Jacob Berghofer

ADC Product Engineer

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 08:30:21 AM »
Ugh.  Yeah I see now where you said you had a power bump.  That's nearly always some really bad juju on a booter update.  I'd say you are right; "It's dead Jim."

Host may be able to revive it.  It's worth an email to support at hosteng.com to see.