News:

  • September 29, 2026, 03:13:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brx continuos rebooting  (Read 53250 times)

davidbgtx

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 215
  • Host be the Most
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 11:17:01 AM »
Not sure we are gonna be able to dupe anything. Might be good to get the unit.
I haven't put the Machine into production yet, kinda under the gun to finish the project.
So if you are proposing a swap, I don't have a spare available, can you ship one to me first?

It seems odd that I had this issue with a DM1E, is there a common denominator? However I have 7 or 8 DM1E,s and 1 other BRX with no issues yet.

ADC Product Engineer

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 270
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 11:22:18 AM »
You can go through returns at ADC.  Be sure to put "Attn: BRX Product Engineer, please deliver ASAP" on the label and I will get it to HOST as soon as I receive it.

davidbgtx

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 215
  • Host be the Most
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 11:32:26 AM »
You can go through returns at ADC.  Be sure to put "Attn: BRX Product Engineer, please deliver ASAP" on the label and I will get it to HOST as soon as I receive it.
OK, I'm at home now, will contact ADC Monday morning 1st thing.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 12:01:41 PM »
It seems odd that I had this issue with a DM1E, is there a common denominator? However I have 7 or 8 DM1E,s and 1 other BRX with no issues yet.

The issue with the H2s was due to a manufacturing change by a chip supplier that resulted in behavioral changes with the part. I think we use the same part on BRX, so I guess it is theoretically possible, but the failure was very specific to the way we stage power supply startup in 205, and we have not seen the same issue in either Terminator or BRX.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 10:21:22 AM »
Do you have any Ethernet Devices connected?  HMI?

davidbgtx

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 215
  • Host be the Most
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 11:03:25 AM »
yes, through a Stride unmanaged switch, to 2 GS4 Durapulse drives and 1 CMore HMI, and eventually to a WINPLC (which it will communicate with). All comms are working once it boots up correctly.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:06:18 AM by davidbgtx »

ATU

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2126
  • YKPAIHA
    • ATU, Inc.
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 11:49:58 AM »
I had a problem where I believe my device was not sending string lengths correctly causing a watchdog timeout in the BRX. Could the devices be trying to communicate before the BRX is ready?  Have you tried powering it up with devices disconnected?

davidbgtx

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 215
  • Host be the Most
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2018, 12:00:50 PM »
No, but I will try try powering up with devices disconnected and see what happens. What did you do to resolve your issue?

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 12:09:16 PM »
No, but I will try try powering up with devices disconnected and see what happens. What did you do to resolve your issue?

His HMI was busted.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

davidbgtx

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 215
  • Host be the Most
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2018, 12:24:02 PM »
No, but I will try try powering up with devices disconnected and see what happens. What did you do to resolve your issue?

His HMI was busted.

I'll stick with the plan of call ADC for replacement and them forwarding the unit to HOST

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2018, 12:45:04 PM »
I'll stick with the plan of call ADC for replacement and them forwarding the unit to HOST

BRX has been pretty good for a new product, but every new product will have some issues. Host's policy is to aggressively pursue issues with new(er) products and to quickly make changes to the design or manufacturing process. We take it seriously.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

davidbgtx

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 215
  • Host be the Most
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2018, 01:53:02 PM »
I'll stick with the plan of call ADC for replacement and them forwarding the unit to HOST

BRX has been pretty good for a new product, but every new product will have some issues. Host's policy is to aggressively pursue issues with new(er) products and to quickly make changes to the design or manufacturing process. We take it seriously.

And that's one of the reasons I stick with your products. Good Job

davidbgtx

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 215
  • Host be the Most
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 05:41:39 AM »
Got replacement unit, am sending mine to ADC to be forwarded to HOST
my serial no. 00.E0.62.30.09.85, I am curious as to what you find.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:25:00 PM by davidbgtx »

davidbgtx

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 215
  • Host be the Most
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »
New unit doing the same thing. Please HELP

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Brx continuos rebooting
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 12:27:48 PM »
New unit doing the same thing. Please HELP

Best if we do this by phone. Contact support@hosteng.com with your contact info and I get someone to contact you ASAP.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO