News:

• April 25, 2024, 03:02:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: save project as  (Read 4765 times)

giff

save project as
« on: May 25, 2016, 10:27:03 AM »
Running Vista and Directsoft6- save project as will not work-popup window says "attempted an unsupported operation". Any way to work around this issue.Seems like it is a Vista only issue. Thanks

plcnut

• premiersi.com
Re: save project as
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 10:29:16 AM »
Are you running the software "As Administrator"?
Circumstances don't determine who we are, they only reveal it.

~Jason Wolthuis
Premier Systems Integration, LLC
http://premiersi.com

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 11:01:45 AM »
Running Vista and Directsoft6- save project as will not work-popup window says "attempted an unsupported operation". Any way to work around this issue.Seems like it is a Vista only issue. Thanks

This is a known issue in DS6 and the fix is due out very soon.  So far, we have only seen this issue on a SPECIFIC Service Pack of one of the VISTA versions, although it is something that can be fixed on the DirectSOFT side.

Our apologies.  We will let you know when it is available.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 12:30:33 PM »
Can you copy the project files in Windows, then open that project and save changes in the open project without doing a Save As?  I'd certainly think so.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

giff

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 04:12:30 PM »
Thanks all--Yes running as admin.--franji1 Is there a time line for the fix?-- Control Guy-not sure which files I need to copy, I guess I just need the ladder and some documentation files-any ideas? thanks again

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 04:18:29 PM »
franji1 Is there a time line for the fix?
We are having a (hopefully) final test next week, so possibly by end of next week.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 02:17:28 PM »
Control Guy-not sure which files I need to copy, I guess I just need the ladder and some documentation files-any ideas?

You probably know the directory where the project is stored currently.  In that directory, the main file for the program is [Project Name].prj, and the various other files are all of the form [Project Name].xxx.  About 10 or 12 files.  Just copy these into a new directory or with a different project name, or both, then navigate to that location and open the cloned project in DS. 

I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.