News:

• April 18, 2024, 03:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Live Update Problem  (Read 9097 times)

MarkTTU

• SamJackson.com
Live Update Problem
« on: April 25, 2008, 05:12:15 PM »
Today while trying to run the live update for NetEdit I get the following error.

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\HAPTools\NetEdit3.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

So what gives?  It worked fine a week or so ago, but today its not working for me or others in the office.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Live Update Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 01:09:59 AM »
Hmmm, no clue.

You say it used to work just fine, and now doesn't for everyone in the office? It sounds like something has changed in the network connection that is causing an exception in NetEdit that we aren't catching. I would love to know what the exception is so we can fix it, but I'm not sure that will make it work in your case, since my guess is that some kind of firewall change or something (maybe even on our end) is causing the broken network.

I'll take a look at it on Monday.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

MarkTTU

• SamJackson.com
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 06:37:44 PM »
Yep, it used to work fine, but now it doesn't work for some of us in the office.  I tried it on a few of the guys computers that rarely use it and Live Update worked fine there so its not unique to the network.  The only common denominator we have found at the moment is that the computers are Dell D630s.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that didn't help...

MikeS

• Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:30:29 AM »
so far no one else has reported an problem with LiveUpdate, I'm not sure what could be going wrong either, but it sure sounds like some security setting on the PC.

So it has run successfully on these particular Dell PCs in the past? or are these new PCs?
Good design costs a lot. Bad design costs even more.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:37:18 AM »
I can smell Vista from here...  ::)
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

MarkTTU

• SamJackson.com
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 05:51:10 PM »
Yes it ran successfully on these particular Dells as recently as a couple of weeks ago.

No Vista, I refuse to even consider it a viable OS.