News:

  • October 02, 2026, 04:00:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rung delete behavior suggestions  (Read 11104 times)

Andrew S

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 144
Rung delete behavior suggestions
« on: July 07, 2019, 10:44:02 PM »
I've looked to see if there's a config option to change these two behaviors but I've not found them so here's a couple of feature suggestions for you.
1. I'd like to see a config option that disables the delete-confirmation dialog.
2. I'd like the ladder editor to remain at its position when a rung is deleted instead of returning to the top.

Coming from a traditional programming background I'm used to debugging by adding temporary statements (rungs) so I'm always adding and removing them. It kills my workflow to have to confirm every delete and then go back and find my previous position. I can see the benefit in having the confirmation dialog but it would be great if it could be defeated.

Andrew.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Rung delete behavior suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 11:10:43 PM »
I've looked to see if there's a config option to change these two behaviors but I've not found them so here's a couple of feature suggestions for you.
1. I'd like to see a config option that disables the delete-confirmation dialog.
2. I'd like the ladder editor to remain at its position when a rung is deleted instead of returning to the top.

Coming from a traditional programming background I'm used to debugging by adding temporary statements (rungs) so I'm always adding and removing them. It kills my workflow to have to confirm every delete and then go back and find my previous position. I can see the benefit in having the confirmation dialog but it would be great if it could be defeated.

Andrew.

I'm drawing a blank here. I don't get either behavior. I highlight rungs with Shift-Arrow, then press Delete. No confirmation, screen stays put.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 11:12:50 PM by BobO »
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Andrew S

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 144
Re: Rung delete behavior suggestions
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 12:28:30 PM »
I've not been selecting the rung. I've just been clicking on the power rail of the rung then pressing delete. The behavior is different if the rung is clicked but not selected.

Now I know about selecting the rung I'll use that instead. Thanks Bob.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Rung delete behavior suggestions
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 12:35:40 PM »
I've not been selecting the rung. I've just been clicking on the power rail of the rung then pressing delete. The behavior is different if the rung is clicked but not selected.

Now I know about selecting the rung I'll use that instead. Thanks Bob.

Dang...I didn't even know that was an option and apparently neither did others here.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Rung delete behavior suggestions
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »
...and we will definitely fix the going to the top. It shouldn't do that.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

Andrew S

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 144
Re: Rung delete behavior suggestions
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »
...and we will definitely fix the going to the top. It shouldn't do that.
Thank you.