News:

  • September 29, 2026, 07:55:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Comment Editor Unavailable  (Read 7494 times)

Controls Guy

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3626
  • Darth Ladder
Comment Editor Unavailable
« on: December 15, 2023, 11:29:54 AM »
So I was working on what was originally on online project, saved to disk and disconnected from PLC.   Put the cursor on a rung I wanted to comment and hit Ctrl-k.   Nothing.   Went to the tools menu, and it was grayed out.

Turned it off and back on again  ;D  (shut down DMD restarted and reopened the PRJ), and still no joy.

What could disable comments?   Don't think I've ever seen that before.   Not a huge commenter, so it might have been there a while, or not, I have no idea.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

franji1

  • Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3847
    • Host Engineering
Re: Comment Editor Unavailable
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 01:14:07 PM »
Edit mode.  Ctrl+E.

There is a Ladder View option to always start in Edit mode.  For some reason, I bet it's turned OFF.  Turn it ON and it shouldn't happen again.

Controls Guy

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3626
  • Darth Ladder
Re: Comment Editor Unavailable
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 02:42:13 PM »
Yup, that was it!   Thanks!
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.