News:

  • September 29, 2026, 03:58:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Encoutered Improper Argument when deleting Memory Block  (Read 8177 times)

AC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 21
  • I know what I know, and I don't know, what I don't
Encoutered Improper Argument when deleting Memory Block
« on: November 17, 2023, 08:27:22 AM »
I currently have several UDT's and I created a memory block from them. I edited the Structure with a more advanced one to replace it but I get a terminal error every time I try the following....
  • Deleting the Memorty block of the Structure
  • Importing the updated structure
  • Making any changes to the memory block of the structure once it is created.

Any suggestions?  I also have to terminate the program once I get this error via task manager as it locks up.
Never be too busy that you miss everything there is to be thankful for.

franji1

  • Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3847
    • Host Engineering
Re: Encoutered Improper Argument when deleting Memory Block
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 09:40:29 AM »
Yes - you need to remove any related Memory Images before modifying a UDT definition.  Bad things can happen.  That is one of the holes I am trying to fix for 2.10.

Before modifying your UDT, you can capture the values in a Memory View after writing the Memory Image to a PLC.  However, there currently is no way to "import" that data back in.  You will have to re-enter those values after modifying your UDT.