News:

  • October 10, 2026, 12:59:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BX-DMIO-M-D - No Power out of the Box  (Read 8927 times)

jcb

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 41
BX-DMIO-M-D - No Power out of the Box
« on: June 23, 2020, 11:51:56 AM »
No Power out of the Box?

I was going to do some testing with Remote Control Panels and Purchased a BX-DMIO-M-D from AD.

Right out of the Box I have no Power LED when Applying 24VDC to the power Terminal? This is the Second unit I have had this problem with. Is there something I'm missing here?

Checked My Power Supply and No Problems there same wires to an H2 Base and Works Fine.


ADC Product Engineer

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 270
Re: BX-DMIO-M-D - No Power out of the Box
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 03:55:48 PM »
How many amps or watts is the power supply?

I suggest 2.5 amps or 60 watts as a minimum.  There is a fairly hefty inrush that needs to be fulfilled.

jcb

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 41
Re: BX-DMIO-M-D - No Power out of the Box
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 04:36:44 PM »
It is the only device on a brand new 5A (120 watt) rhino supply. I have no cards connected to it and I get nothing. If I take that same wires and connect them to a fully loaded 9 slot H2 Rack everything works fine over there. I just thought it was odd that 2 in a row would be DOA this has not been my experience with other AD products. I will warranty it through my Vendor and hope for the best. I was just wondering if there was a bad batch or something? This unit has been new on the shelf for a couple of months now and was ordered around the same time as the other bad unit.


BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: BX-DMIO-M-D - No Power out of the Box
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 05:23:52 PM »
It is the only device on a brand new 5A (120 watt) rhino supply. I have no cards connected to it and I get nothing. If I take that same wires and connect them to a fully loaded 9 slot H2 Rack everything works fine over there. I just thought it was odd that 2 in a row would be DOA this has not been my experience with other AD products. I will warranty it through my Vendor and hope for the best. I was just wondering if there was a bad batch or something? This unit has been new on the shelf for a couple of months now and was ordered around the same time as the other bad unit.

If it is confirmed that the DMIOs are in fact faulty, it would be good if we could get the units back for failure analysis, but we are not aware of any manufacturing issues.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

ADC Product Engineer

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 270
Re: BX-DMIO-M-D - No Power out of the Box
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 09:30:40 AM »
I agree with Bob.  If possible ask that they add "Send to ADC Product Engineer" on the RMA request.  I will make sure that it gets back to HOST for analysis.

jcb

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 41
Re: BX-DMIO-M-D - No Power out of the Box
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 03:02:09 PM »
The RMA Number is 8192519. Looks like it was Delivered Wednesday 7/01/2020 at 9:50 am

Let me know what you Find. I can look up the older RMA too if you would like.

The Replacement I received works just fine.