News:

  • October 03, 2026, 07:56:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BRX PLC Clock/timer  (Read 12846 times)

PLCwannabe

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 208
BRX PLC Clock/timer
« on: July 19, 2019, 12:29:09 AM »
Been trying to find a clock instruction on Do-More 2.6.  with a BRX PLC. I want to schedule an event 7 times a day with a specific start and stop times. I can't find any timer that would work for this. Is it even possible that a PLC would exist without this function? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help. 


b_carlton

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 606
    • thePLCguy
Re: BRX PLC Clock/timer
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 12:46:30 AM »
The Do-more has calendar and clock variables specifically in SDT0 (also called $NOW)

It also has comparison instructions.

Here is an example rung turning on Y0 from 6 to 10


An output is a PLC's way of getting its inputs to change.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: BRX PLC Clock/timer
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 12:54:11 AM »
Been trying to find a clock instruction on Do-More 2.6.  with a BRX PLC. I want to schedule an event 7 times a day with a specific start and stop times. I can't find any timer that would work for this. Is it even possible that a PLC would exist without this function? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

As Bernie mentioned, it isn?t an instruction, it?s a time and date structure containing the current time. You can build whatever comparison logic you want to trigger events.

We have talked about doing a scheduler instruction, but just haven?t gotten around to it.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

PLCwannabe

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 208
Re: BRX PLC Clock/timer
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 09:45:52 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I got it figured out but still think it would be a good idea to add a scheduler instruction. Now, this setup brings up a different question. How can I set up my Cmore HMI so I can set hours and minutes with the same numeric entry object rather than having one numeric entry for hours and a different one for the minutes?

Bolt

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 598
Re: BRX PLC Clock/timer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 12:09:14 AM »
It would require some math instructions to interpret, but you could represent time with a number, hhmm, like 1437 represents 2:37 PM. But using two 2 digit number selectors on the Cmore is no big deal to represent hh and mm separately

Controls Guy

  • Internal Dev
  • Hero Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3626
  • Darth Ladder
Re: BRX PLC Clock/timer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 04:22:02 PM »
That's what I do, use a four-digit time on the HMI, but not much math required.  I just maintain a four-digit time in the PLC and do compares with that.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

Bolt

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 598
Re: BRX PLC Clock/timer
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 01:43:57 AM »
I just maintain a four-digit time in the PLC and do compares with that.
Doh! I forgot that I do that to in all my click plc projects.

plcnut

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 815
    • premiersi.com
Re: BRX PLC Clock/timer
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 09:11:33 PM »
Regarding time setting with C-more, it is not too hard to have a time display, and then add up/down buttons that will increment/decrement hours, ten minutes, and minutes.
Circumstances don't determine who we are, they only reveal it.

~Jason Wolthuis
Premier Systems Integration, LLC
https://premiersi.com