News:

  • October 04, 2026, 07:44:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PID Auto tune Question  (Read 6363 times)

brucek

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 62
PID Auto tune Question
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:16:35 AM »
This is my first time using PID and had a question about the auto tune.  I ran thru an auto tune and there is a message box at the bottom that says something (#) where the # increases as it goes thru the tuning. I think it stopped at 7. Then there are 3 buttons to click on the right hand side, one of which says copy to PIDINT. I didn't get a message saying auto tune complete or anything but the PID instruction did get new values, but if i click on the PIDINT button it say you must run an auto tune. I ended up copying the numbers put into the PID instruction into PIDINT but wasn't sure if the copy to PIDINT button was broke or if I didn't wait long enough for the auto tune to finish.

This is in the PID Overview screen BTW.

franji1

  • Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3847
    • Host Engineering
Re: PID Auto tune Question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 11:20:01 AM »
You were looking either at the report of the auto tune completion OR you might have been looking at the history report of auto tune.  I am guessing it was the latter, and it starts off with the initial values (before running any auto tune).

FYI, the history is only maintained for THAT Designer session.