News:

• May 18, 2024, 03:53:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Documentation Editor Issue  (Read 861 times)

JeffS

Documentation Editor Issue
« on: June 10, 2020, 12:42:46 PM »
I am having an issue with the V memory range.  Not sure if it also happens with other memory ranges but I did see it happening with this memory range.  I use specific V# but this happens with any V#.

Say I start with V416 and I nickname it Htr_Bits2HTR_1 and then I add V416:0-V416:6 to the Documentation view.  These new bits all get "placeholder" nicknames like in Image 1 and I give them some Extra Info as shown in the pic.

Now if I change the nickname of V416 and as an example add an S to HTR, Image 2 happens.  Some of the Extra Info is blanked out but not for all of the bits.  If I click to edit the Extra Info on any of the blanked bits it does appear to be blanked with no content.  If I edit V416 and remove the S then we revert back to Image 1 like the Extra Information was not lost, just got hidden.  This issue is more sporadic as sometime all bit Extra Information is blanked while others only some of them blank like shown in Image 1&2.  This becomes an issue if I do need to rename V416 as any of the lost Extra Information has to be re-entered, or copied beforehand and pasted back in to retain it.

A similar issue dealing with bits occurs if the Nickname of V411 is at the max length (Image 3), then when I add Extra Info the nickname doesn't show up as Nickname:0 etc. but instead just replicates the nickname (Image 4).  This isn't a problem until I export/import element documentation when I get the error saying my nicknames are not unique.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Documentation Editor Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 09:23:50 AM »
Ew. that's not good.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

JeffS

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 03:31:56 PM »
So initially I thought that this may have been a symptom of a large nickname database.  Opened a new project and saw this same behavior so it should be easily replicated.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 04:05:12 PM »
So initially I thought that this may have been a symptom of a large nickname database.  Opened a new project and saw this same behavior so it should be easily replicated.

There is some magic in there to support implied names for sub elements and structure fields. It clearly isn't quite enough magic.  :o
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO