News:

• September 19, 2019, 07:06:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Feature Req: Data View Cell Copy  (Read 774 times)

jcottrill

Feature Req: Data View Cell Copy
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:23:09 PM »
It would be nice if we were able to copy data directly from the selected cell in a dataview to the clipboard.  Often times I want to evaluate a structure or compiled string in an external tool while I am building/troubleshooting my systems.  The export functionality allows to write a csv but this seems a bit overkill and clunky when just a single cell is needed.  It could be a limitation of the grid tool/library being used but I would guess this is a pretty easy one to turn on.  Thanks in advance for considering.

Bolt

Re: Feature Req: Data View Cell Copy
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 03:09:05 PM »
I was just thinking that again this morning, it would be easy to copy out of this status cell...

What you can do is:
right click cell > copy status to edit
answer the question (copy only current) in the popup window (which if your lucky is not on another monitor)
double click on the newly created edit cell to select all text
right click on text > copy

I too wish it was easier to copy and paste in the data views.  Ctrl+X, C and V don't work, and you can only cut, copy and paste after selecting cell contents.  But it does work.

jcottrill

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 05:41:30 PM »
Thanks Bolt!  I tried copying status to edit earlier and out of habit hit CTRL-C and got nothing.  Never even thought to right click as it has been so long since I have done that.  A direct copy would be nice but this is a pretty reasonable compromise. 

Bolt

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 10:15:00 AM »
While we are at it, I would like to request the capability to Copy directly out of the Do-more Logger data screen.

jcottrill

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 10:22:11 AM »
Also, the suggestion made by Bolt doesn't work for user defined structures.  For those it appears we still have to export to CSV and then copy out.  :(