News:

• February 05, 2023, 06:50:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No devices detected  (Read 4100 times)

gregekeys

No devices detected
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:17:18 AM »
I have used the SDK in the past without issues.  Just completed writing a new C++ application using Visual Studio 2010 and am getting a strange result.  On scanning the network for PLC's I am getting a return of 0 devices found.  there are 5 on the network.  Running Windows 7 64bit, compiling for win32 platform x86 processor.  I am really at a loss here.  No errors, no issues, just not seeing devices.
Any thoughts? (yes, I have turned off the windows firewall and I can ping the devices (DL06).

Greg Keys

gregekeys

Re: No devices detected
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:28:05 AM »
Also, the older software I have written is doing the same thing on this machine.  Seems to run fine, just finds no devices.  using UDP/IP protocol.

Greg Keys

gregekeys

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »
UPDATE:
After finding that NetEdit3 was exhibiting the same symptoms, I started looking at my network settings.  It seems NetEdit3 and the SDK do not play well with the VirtualBox ethernet adapter.  Once I disabled that, all is working as it should.

Greg Keys

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »
The problem is not with the Ethernet SDK, nor the VirtualBox adapter. The issue is most likely with Winsock. Winsock had the VirtualBox device at a higher priority than your NIC on your PC. This happens quite often for folks using a laptop that has a Wireless NIC as well as a Wired NIC. One will be higher priority than the other. You can actually change the priority without having to disable the VirtualBox adapter. This is in the Advanced Settings of your Network.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.