News:

• February 01, 2023, 10:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LabVIEW Driver Won't Communicate with DL06  (Read 3622 times)

Stan

LabVIEW Driver Won't Communicate with DL06
« on: April 15, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
I've used the dnetudp communication driver to communicate with a number of 205 series PLC's and it has always worked very well.  Now, I'm trying to use it with a DL06 PLC and I cannot get it to work at all.  I'm using the same Windows 7 PC that I've used to communicate with the 205's.  Has anyone used this for DL06 PLC's?  What's the trick to get it to work? The LabVIEW error message I get is code 54:

"The network address is ill-formed. Make sure the address is in a valid format. For TCP/IP, the address can be either a machine name or an IP address in the form xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. If this error occurs when specifying a machine name, make sure the machine name is valid. Try to ping the machine name. Check that you have a DNS server properly configured."

I'm entering the IP address as UDP::192.168.1.10.  I've confirmed that I can see the PLC by pinging it on my PC and I can communicate with the PLC over the ethernet link using Directsoft. 

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: LabVIEW Driver Won't Communicate with DL06
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 02:17:48 PM »
Sorry, Stan. That driver is not ours. Unless there's a LabVIEW guy on here, you'd probably have better luck either on Automation Direct's forum (simply because it has a bigger audience), or LabVIEW techs themselves.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.