News:

• February 05, 2023, 06:09:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Connecting to an external motor controller  (Read 152 times)

Dmdtrain

Connecting to an external motor controller
« on: December 05, 2022, 02:53:35 PM »
Hello,

We are implementing ConveyLinx controllers from Pulse Roller to be controlled by our Do-More plc. We have not done this before so I'm looking for some information to point me in the right direction from the Do-More side. In the ConveyLinx documentation they show how to connect to Rockwell and Siemens PLCs via Eth/IP or profinet. I'm not looking for a full breakdown on how to get the systems to interact, but maybe some general advice on what instructions I should look at to get me started connecting the systems and talking back and forth.

I've talked with the ConveyLinx manufacture and got some information from them too including manuals and examples from their software.

Thanks.

RBPLC

Re: Connecting to an external motor controller
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 03:21:33 PM »
Until the implicit EIP scanner functionality is added to the Do-More platform, you might have some issues. Most of the equipment that is designed to operate with RA products use implicit EIP where the PLC is the scanner. At present time, Do-More can only be used as an adapter. Some of the devices designed to work with implicit EIP can be used with explicit EIP which can be done in the Do-More. If the device offers Modbus, this might be a better option. 

Dmdtrain

Re: Connecting to an external motor controller
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 03:26:28 PM »
Until the implicit EIP scanner functionality is added to the Do-More platform, you might have some issues. Most of the equipment that is designed to operate with RA products use implicit EIP where the PLC is the scanner. At present time, Do-More can only be used as an adapter. Some of the devices designed to work with implicit EIP can be used with explicit EIP which can be done in the Do-More. If the device offers Modbus, this might be a better option.

There is a section with local Modbus reads/writes in the ConveyLogix software they use. I'll look more into that.