News:

• July 01, 2022, 12:23:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BX-DM1E-10ER3-D Onboard I/O Not Working After Power Cycle  (Read 151 times)

JeffS

BX-DM1E-10ER3-D Onboard I/O Not Working After Power Cycle
« on: June 22, 2022, 05:49:49 PM »
I have several new out of the box BX-DM1E-10ER3-D PLCs that seem to be forgetting they have onboard I/O.  I can program them and it seems like they work for one power up, but once they go through a power cycle the onboard I/O stops working.  I noticed that when I look at the I/O configuration it has changed to a PLC that doesn't have onboard I/O. 

Sometimes I can get it to revert back to the original PLC I/O layout after rewriting the firmware and booter then power cycling.  But again as soon as I cycle the power again it changes to a PLC I/O that doesn't have onboard I/O and those inputs/outputs stop registering. 

Any thoughts on what I can try?  So far I have tried and been able to repeat this on 5 BX-DM1E-10ER3-D PLCs we have here.

Edit:

Looks like this is the same issue as https://forum.hosteng.com/index.php?topic=3656.0
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 05:53:30 PM by JeffS »

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
Re: BX-DM1E-10ER3-D Onboard I/O Not Working After Power Cycle
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 07:08:50 PM »
I still have mine, still unreverted to 2.9.3.

I have HW Rev 8A 4B, same as you and also 0122 MFG VIN same as you (date/batch code?)

MAC 30.5f.8f (143), so 92 units later than yours, assuming all numbers are used.

I'm going to power it up and see what it does.   Last time, it was fine.    OK, mine's doing it on this cycle as well.   Host guys want me to send it back so you can check on the connectors, etc?
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 10:04:35 AM »
That sounds like some kind of manufacturing or part defect. :sigh:

Send to Host whatever you have that's misbehaving. We'll evaluate, fix, and return ASAP. Jeff, you should have Host contact info, right? Send to my attention and I will get it where it needs to go. Ditto for you Steve. If not, PM me.

Don't think the firmware version is relevant. Probably get the same result by power cycling or even re-initializing the I/O.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 10:15:49 AM »
Emailing you both...
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

JeffS

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 11:24:48 AM »
Confirmed the firmware doesn't appear to be the issue.  Rolled back to the same firmware that has been working on a PLC that has been working in the field and got the same behavior.  I noticed that a longer power cycle (10-15 mins) DST53 would start registering as subtype 150 again rather than 128 on the first power up.  But again that would revert to 128 the next time a program/run cycle occurred.  And all this coincides with the I/O not working.

JeffS

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 12:55:25 PM »
Connectors on the 10 BX-DM1E-10ER3-D were showing pins similar to the attached picture.  Pushed the boards together and confirmed 5 of the PLCs that had previous not worked correctly are now working as they should, so I am assuming the other 5 will also work properly now.

Thanks for the help!

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 03:21:45 AM »
Less than 24 hours from report to diagnosis & fix.   AB would still be looking in the database to make sore I'd paid my 'tech support' vig for the year, & I'd still be waiting on a call back from Siemens (probably exaggerating that one).
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.