News:

• August 08, 2022, 08:27:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BX-04UT  (Read 260 times)

Proto

BX-04UT
« on: June 27, 2022, 02:59:06 PM »
Is there a way to read the resistance off the BX-04ut module?

How do you know that module is calculating the correct temperature? Is there a way to verify that the temperature is correct?

TIA

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: BX-04UT
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 03:43:51 PM »
Is there a way to read the resistance off the BX-04ut module?

How do you know that module is calculating the correct temperature? Is there a way to verify that the temperature is correct?

TIA

The module doesn't calculate it, the LTC2983 chip does. If you don't trust the interface chip to correctly calculate the value, you really can't trust the interface chip to return the resistance, which is also a calculation from a voltage generated by a small excitation current and precision sense resistor. The module returns failure flags if there is a problem with the sensor. The only way I can think to verify would be to add redundant sensors, possibly of a different type, and make sure both are within a reasonable range.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

RBPLC

Re: BX-04UT
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 03:46:17 PM »
Calibration is how you know the temperature is correct. In general you'll need a process calibrator or thermal well to provide a reference. In my experience, the UT modules can be 3-4 deg F from reference temperatures. This is pretty common for non-data acquisition/process control devices. For those modules, I typically use a filter time of about 3 seconds as well to reduce some of the noise.