News:

• April 20, 2024, 03:10:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DL06 to ViewMarq TCP issues  (Read 1778 times)

PCC Carson

DL06 to ViewMarq TCP issues
« on: July 19, 2021, 03:24:35 PM »
We have a system of DL06 plc's connected to our HVAC system and want to place ViewMarq panels for displaying real time data to operators.

We purchased a 4X12 panel and i have been trying to program using Modbus/TCP for ease of upgrading. the examples given in the ViewMarq software work for sending the display message but i cannot figure out what i'm doing wrong to update the Register for the Variables.

Our display should read:
Temp: XX.XF
Humd: XX.X%

I can get the temp and humid to display but don't quite understand how to write directly to the Modbus registers for the numeric variables.

Any example programming would be helpful.

thank you

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
Re: DL06 to ViewMarq TCP issues
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 02:20:38 AM »
Does the VM just want an ASCII string in the registers?  If so, in Do-More we'd use STRPRINT, I think DirectLogic had something similar.   Can the VM be set up with the string parts as static, and just poll the PLC for the numeric values, either implied decimal or floating point, via Modbus (or written to if the PLC is the master/client)?
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

PCC Carson

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 11:14:02 AM »
We are using the WX command to write the string to the Viewmarq. it is functioning for the string.

i am attempting to update the variable data for temp/humidity. directly to the Modbus address in the Viewmarq. using the same technique as in the example for writing the message.

VPRINT to memory then correct Vmemory location count to an even # and LDK301 (our Ecom slot and device), LD vmemory size of data, LDA Data and last is WX to Modbus address in the Viewmarq.

if is send a register with 0 the display shows 0.0 as formatted. but if i have any value in the register the display shows ###.# so i assume i am updating the modbus address but not formatted correctly?

if someone has done this same operation i just need an example of what logic they used.

thank you

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 11:22:51 AM »
If you haven't yet, post your question on Automation Direct's Community forum - there are LOTs of DirectLOGIC and ViewMarq customers that monitor that forum.

https://community.automationdirect.com

brucek

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 12:34:46 PM »
We use Domore but my colleague just did a vm 4x12 also and in the setup for the vm software he had to check swap byte in 1 of the boxes to get the info to work. Might be the same for directsoft.