News:

• May 14, 2021, 11:48:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AXSCRIPT - Input Leg - Power Flow Enabled - Question  (Read 126 times)

Mike Nash

AXSCRIPT - Input Leg - Power Flow Enabled - Question
« on: April 29, 2021, 06:14:25 PM »
I'm migrating a project from DO-06 to BX that runs a stepper.

I see in Help where the instruction can be interrupted, but what happens to a move or timer or whatever, at the moment the Input Leg goes false? And where/how does it get back into the script when enabled?

I mostly want to know if a trapezoidal incremental move is going to decel to zero mid-move, finish the move first, or just turn off the axis outputs?

And how it completes the step when re-enabled?

I need it to interrupt the move by ramping to stop, then finish the move when re-enabled.

DLTimmons

Re: AXSCRIPT - Input Leg - Power Flow Enabled - Question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 05:14:53 PM »
Look at the Axis structure .suspend member that will do what you want as long as it hi the motion will ramp to a stop and stay stopped once it clear ramp back up and finish the move.

Mike Nash

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 05:35:45 PM »
Thanks,

I finally spotted the .Suspend, but had already done it with the regular trapezoidal and just loading the distance to complete the move before enabling again. That's how I had done the D0-06.

ThermoformingDollarBills

• Servo's running with Do-more
    • SystemsIntegrator.mobi
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 04:57:04 PM »
The 3 axis stepper system I made I wrote a whole different program for each axis just for testing and just the motor on the floor

Why guess if it might crash.....which I did several times anyways  :)
Silly is you in a natural state, and serious is something you have to do until you can get silly again

" Mike Meyers"