News:

• March 29, 2024, 12:38:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Error on HEIQueryDevices call  (Read 5691 times)

tomontee

Error on HEIQueryDevices call
« on: September 10, 2020, 04:24:21 PM »
I am upgrading the Think & Do Software product so it will work on 64-bit systems including Windows 10. My development system is a Win10 64-bit system. Early in the development I was able to connect and scan a rack of 205 I/O using via the EBC. At some point this stopped working. I can connect and scan just fine from my TEST system which is also Win10 64-bit. Apparently something has changed on my development system.

Since I am not worried about deterministic behavior at this time, both systems and the EBC are connect to my internal network. The EBC has a static address assigned through NetEdit. The two Windows systems use DHCP. There is no address conflict and all IP addresses are in the same sub-net. I can successfully Ping the EBC from both systems.

In the last couple of days I started debugging the application that uses the HEI driver. The return value from the HEIOpenTransport call is zero, however the return call from the HEIQueryDevices is 10047.

Any idea of what on my development system might be causing the error?

Thanks for your help.

Tom Harkaway
Salt Creek Software
tomh@tnd10.com

P.S. I see the same behavior using a Terminator IO rack.

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
Re: Error on HEIQueryDevices call
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 09:47:18 AM »
I found out it's a WinSock Error:

WSAEAFNOSUPPORT 10047   Address family not supported by protocol family.
An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used. All sockets are created with an associated address family (that is, AF_INET for Internet Protocols) and a generic protocol type (that is, SOCK_STREAM). This error is returned if an incorrect protocol is explicitly requested in the socket call, or if an address of the wrong family is used for a socket, for example, in sendto.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Error on HEIQueryDevices call
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »
Was probably trying to use IPX, which hasn't been widely available past about WinXP.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO