News:

• February 01, 2023, 11:44:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Potential Sticky Topic - Advanced PLC Programming Techniques  (Read 967 times)

ddubs2248

Potential Sticky Topic - Advanced PLC Programming Techniques
« on: August 07, 2020, 11:22:09 AM »
BobO, Franji1,

Maybe this topic has already been created/discussed (if so I have had no luck in finding it).  Could we create a topic that encompasses such information as:  efficient coding strategies, advanced PLC programming techniques (with examples), real world scenario examples and solutions, etc.?  Ultimately I am thinking a one stop shop for making improvement, or offer suggestions, and help people improve their code.  I know Franji1 did a sticky for documentation best practices, but could we share some snippets to show the end users?  Ideally if we start to share more progress we are making with the Do-More platform, then perhaps we can impact people's opinions and change "new users" mindset. 

I did find this https://forum.hosteng.com/index.php?topic=2432.msg20054#msg20054 .... and I think a single topic to find this information may help people "get over the hump"?!?!

I am all in for helping anyway!   

PS...this would definitely need to revolve around the Do-More Designer platform and less about legacy products (like DS).

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
Re: Potential Sticky Topic - Advanced PLC Programming Techniques
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 12:50:41 PM »
We've kicked around the idea of having a "How do I..." section to Designer that would have much of the stuff you are asking about.  What's good about making it part of the software, is that it is well bounded, tightly coupled, and could provide actual mechanisms/hooks to help with the question.

Not sure a "forum" is the proper mechanism for such a thing since anyone can post, and organizing it/maintaining it is beyond the scope of a public "forum".

Your idea is great, it's just that the actual implementation mechanism is the question (oh, and filling out the content, which is 99% of the work once we figure out the implementation  ;D).