News:

  • October 10, 2026, 06:00:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: JSONBUILD  (Read 6836 times)

JeffS

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 113
JSONBUILD
« on: June 19, 2020, 03:50:03 PM »
What are the chances that this command could be updated to use pointers?  I am building into byte buffers and can't use pointers to start building at various spots in my buffer.  To get around this I have been building things spaced out and then using memcopy to bump elements together.

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: JSONBUILD
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 04:03:18 PM »
Shouldn't be a big deal. The controller would probably (mostly) work already. The only potential rub would be the buffer length validation, and if is isn't totally correct, it is an easy fix.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

JeffS

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 113
Re: JSONBUILD
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 01:16:16 PM »
Any thoughts on rough timeline that this could be implemented?  It would affect how I write my logic and if it was something that could roll out soonish then I will wait to write it.  If it is something that won't be implemented for many months then I will write it how it needs to work for now.

Thanks!

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: JSONBUILD
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 01:18:55 PM »
Any thoughts on rough timeline that this could be implemented?  It would affect how I write my logic and if it was something that could roll out soonish then I will wait to write it.  If it is something that won't be implemented for many months then I will write it how it needs to work for now.

Thanks!

October at the earliest.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO