News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:07:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DATAVIEW  (Read 3743 times)

8bits

DATAVIEW
« on: September 28, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
I have fought this setup since I started using AD. I don't think I have a clear understanding of how to correctly display the dataview window. >:(

It seems that if you pin a window (Dataview) and then close the window by moving the cursor to the ladder view it does as expected.However if you move the cursor back to the Dataview tab and the window opens again and you click in the edit cell(s), then the Dataview window eliminates from view the actual Element cell displays and only displays the Status and Edits cells.

I can change this by clicking on the 'pin' again and the display then stays as I would like it.However this seems to defeat the advantage of the pin selection. I must be doing something wrong in the setup but don't have a clue. I think that many would want to see the whole window when doing edits.

The next thing, I just installed the DirectSoft5 on a new laptop running XP PRO. The Datatview window no longer displays the bottom horizontal scroll bar that assisted in over coming the above mentioned issue.
I can not seem to change anything in the XP Windows set up that effects that.

Hopefully someone can get me straight on this. :)
Thanks in advance.

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
Re: DATAVIEW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 02:17:11 PM »
The individual columns in the Data View are displayed in whole, never partial.  I recommend resizing the Element column (or any other column) to get all columns to display in the Data View so you don't need to use the scroll bar.  The way you resize columns in Data View is to put the mouse cursor in the line between the column HEADERS and resize them at the HEADERs (not the data cells).

The Data View is a dockable, floatable window.  When it is docked, you can auto-hide it by unpinning it and it only shows up whenever you cursor around its tab, and it expands out (temporarily) to cover the Ladder View.  OR you can Pin it so that it is always there, and the Ladder View just resizes itself to the area left.  OR you can float it by grabbing the title bar and dragging it on a 2nd monitor.  You can dock it on either side, or the top or bottom.  Since Data View is a long table, it is recommended you dock it on left or right, but you can dock it anywhere.

8bits

Re: DATAVIEW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »
franji1  said:"The individual columns in the Data View are displayed in whole, never partial. "
Hello franji1, and thanks for the quick response.
I expanded the Dataview window out and you are correct, my bad. This is a appreciated help, thanks