News:

  • September 28, 2026, 02:13:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Logic interraction with physical I/O  (Read 6698 times)

TheGreatMarklar

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 18
    • Rix Industries
Logic interraction with physical I/O
« on: June 28, 2019, 12:24:06 PM »
If I have logic switch on Y0 (OUT or SET, not an immediate instruction) at the start of a program, how does the logic in the rest of the program handle Y0? Is it on as soon as the logic turns it on, or not until the next scan when the output table has been updated?

Code: [Select]
Example:

Rung 1
STR X1
OUT Y0

Rung 2
STR Y0
OUT Y1


Does Y1 activate at the end of the same scan as X1, or is there a 1 scan lag as X1 activates Y0, the output table updates, and Y0 then activates Y1 on the next scan?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 12:26:29 PM by TheGreatMarklar »

BobO

  • Host Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6176
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: Logic interraction with physical I/O
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 12:42:12 PM »
If I have logic switch on Y0 (OUT or SET, not an immediate instruction) at the start of a program, how does the logic in the rest of the program handle Y0? Is it on as soon as the logic turns it on, or not until the next scan when the output table has been updated?

Code: [Select]
Example:

Rung 1
STR X1
OUT Y0

Rung 2
STR Y0
OUT Y1


Does Y1 activate at the end of the same scan as X1, or is there a 1 scan lag as X1 activates Y0, the output table updates, and Y0 then activates Y1 on the next scan?

Y0 and Y1 are just memory locations in the image register. The memory is updated immediately. The final state of Y memory is written to the I/O at the bottom of the scan.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO