And to clarify a bit...
We made the decision early in development of the SDCard features that it would be easier and more secure to access the file system through DmD, using a more secure protocol like our proprietary programming protocol. It works well and it wasn't hard to do or secure. I am personally not a big fan of hanging PLCs on the Internet, but I understand that our users are increasingly people who do. So, we revisited that decision semi-recently and decided that we would add FTP.
When I describe something as in the pipeline, I mean that it is a current development priority with some end in sight. We had started work on the PLC's web server for DmD 2.5 (last fall), but had no plans for FTP at that time. As we got a better sense of what we wanted to do with HTTP, we decided that FTP needed to be a part of that. Hardware releases forced other features to take priority over HTTP for both 2.5 and 2.6. It is our sincere intention to get the web features in 2.7, and FTP will be a part of that. EIP implicit is the #1 priority now, and following that, HTTP/FTP will be.
DmD is often at the mercy of hardware launches and we are limited in how much we can do for a particular release. Our next hardware release appears to have given us a luxurious 6 months, which will allow us to do some more aggressive development.