News:

• March 29, 2024, 12:51:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New BRX Remote I/O Controllers, including BX-EBC100  (Read 6344 times)

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
New BRX Remote I/O Controllers, including BX-EBC100
« on: June 06, 2018, 11:13:34 AM »
New BRX Remote I/O Controllers: BX-DMIO, BX-EBC100, and BX-MBIO for providing BRX I/O in Do-more, DirectLOGIC, and Modbus/TCP/RTU control systems.

Each can support up to 8 BX I/O modules, so with the new 32 point BX I/O modules, each I/O base can support up to 256 I/O points.  One PLC can master up 16 of these remote bases, so one PLC can add an another 4096 BRX I/O points to its local I/O.  Modbus-based applications can utilize even more BRX I/O.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
Re: New BRX Remote I/O Controllers, including BX-EBC100
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »
Thanks, guys!  Perfect timing -- may be needing one of these in the next few weeks.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

Garyhlucas

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 07:52:07 PM »
At my previous job these would have been really welcome.  But we are thinking that we are better off with CPUs in each of our skids. That way we develop independent code for skid and our base product skid does not carry a a large load of code not required on most jobs. Most of the time the communications between skids is pretty minimal too.  Great to see these devices being available though.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »
Yeah, distributed control is nice when the equipment will work well that way.  Plus you could do a hybrid if you want, where the local CPU just acts as an I/O adapter running centralized logic when there is some, but if no comms, then run local logic.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

Garyhlucas

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 08:32:14 PM »
At my previous job we built larger systems with at least 5 equipment skids. Remote I/O worked really well there.  The difference here is we squeezed an entire waste water treatment plant on to one skid.  We really like the Do-More as virtually all of our competition uses AB.  The AB guy told they have 80% of the market.  I responded "Those poor bastards!"  He wasn't too friendly after that.