News:

• April 30, 2024, 04:06:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Firmware Update  (Read 1479 times)

PLCGuy

• Internal Dev
Firmware Update
« on: April 23, 2018, 09:33:54 AM »
I see there was a update to the firmware, I believe it was operating system.
I have a computer we use on the floor that is not connected to the internet. How can I get the update to that computer? Do I just download the whole program from the site or is there an individual file I can download?

Usually when there is a version update I download the whole program and load it into the computer. In this case only the operation system was updated.

MikeS

• Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: Firmware Update
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 10:13:36 AM »
On our web site we keep a zip file that contains the latest version of all firmware files for the products we make. You can find it on the Firmware page, it's named All_Hosteng_Firmware_Files.zip.

Once you've downloaded that file, the trick is unzipping the contents into the correct folder, and that's determined by which programming software you're using:

if you've installed Do-more Designer v2.2 then unzip the file to \users\public\"public documents"

if you're still running any version of Do-more Designer previous to v2.2 OR you're using DirectSOFT & NetEdit, the correct folder is most likely the root folder of the C:, that is "C:\".
Good design costs a lot. Bad design costs even more.

PLCGuy

• Internal Dev
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 12:01:41 PM »
Thank you for the info. That particular computer is running WIN XP! What directory would I unzip to?

In Win7 what is directory C\Program Files(86)\Do-More\Designer 2_2 for and what is the "users\public\"public documents". My short cut on the desktop is pointing to C:\Program Files(86x)\D0-More\Designer 2_2. Is the one in users just storing needed info?

ADC Product Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 04:17:48 PM »
C\Program Files(86)\Do-More\Designer 2_2 stores the executables and the miscellaneous stuff that doesn't change.

"users\public\"public documents" stores all of the stuff that can change.  Firmware, projects, etc.

PLCGuy

• Internal Dev
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 07:06:05 AM »
I found the folder on XP, just transferred the image files and the update appeared.
All is good.

What happen to the days of DOS when everything was just in one program directory? lol